Role: Director of Business Development
Reports to: President and CEO
The Director of Business Development is an environmental engineering professional responsible for developing and supporting business opportunities for Onvector’s Plasma Vortex PFAS destruction technology.
Primary market segments include but are not limited to federal remediation equipment sales and services, e.g., clean up of PFAS-impacted groundwater at U.S. Department of Defense sites. In addition, this position will actively support or, in certain cases, take over day-to-day business development and co-marketing efforts with Onvector’s strategic technology partners, environmental consultants, and institutional customers.
This position requires both sales execution discipline and strategic thinking. Familiarity with the CERCLA process is desirable. Prior federal or DoD sales or procurement experience is a big plus.
The ideal candidate will be a professional engineer with prior experience at an environmental engineering or consulting firm including federal sales, business development or project management as well as technical degree in environmental engineering, chemical engineering, hydrogeology or geology.
- Developing in-depth knowledge of company offerings and positioning to identify profitable business opportunities
- Developing and assisting team in quotes and proposals for clients
- Originate, develop and write proposals and scopes of work for new customers
- Preparing all documentation required for requests for proposals (RFPs)
- Reviewing cost and expense reporting
- Examines risks and potentials for the business opportunities
- Drives revenues and support profit delivery
- Contacting and supporting operations team with clients to establish rapport
- Increasing the value of current customers while attracting new ones
- Attending industry conferences, manufacturer meetings, and industry events
- Finding and developing new markets and improving sales
- Evaluating KPI’s to cultivate internal business growth
- Communicates as a leader with top management and delivers results through actioned reporting and KPI metrics
- Researching organizations and individuals to find new opportunities
- Communicating business goals and customer pain points to the R&D team and ensuring they are addresses
- Building solid relationships with customers, vendors and distributors
- Directing marketing efforts by presenting primary market research and customer info to marketing team
- Supporting and developing strategic partnerships to grow business
- Researching emerging trends and recommending new company offerings to satisfy customers’ needs
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant technical field
- 5+ years of experience in business development, technical sales, project management or related position
- Ability to manage complex projects and multi-task
- Strong communication skills and IT fluency
- Proficient with Microsoft Office programs; MS word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Ability to remain professional and courteous with customers at all time
- Must be available to work occasional nights, holidays and weekends
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
The company is committed to equal employment opportunity. The company will not discriminate employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis including, but not limited to: age, ancestry, childbirth or related medical condition; citizenship; color; creed familial status; gender expression; gender identity; genetic information; height; weight; marital status; national origin; physical or mental disability or handicap; pregnancy; race; religion; sex; sexual orientation; uniform service member status or veteran status; or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.