Reports to: Lead Design Engineer and CTO
The machinist will machine parts using tools and materials available at Onvector’s rapid prototyping facility within Greentown Labs. These parts will be used for laboratory rigs, field pilot systems, and production systems. The machinist must be able to read and understand CAD drawings and blueprints. The ideal candidate will have experience working with equipment including but not limited to a mill, lathe, drill press, saw, grinder. S/he will maintain safety conditions and follow safe practices.
- Work closely with Lead Design Engineer to produce prototype and production components for proprietary water treatment systems
- Read and understand CAD drawings and blueprints
- Maintain raw material and assist procurement of raw material
- Manufacture parts that meet specifications
- Maintain machinery and a clean work space
- Schedule time at off-site fabrication facilities as needed
- Record all data and results in specified forms (paper and electronic) with accuracy and responsibility
- Ensure that all safety guidelines are followed strictly at all times and maintain a clean and orderly environment
- Minimum age requirement 18+
- One or more years of machine shop experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Office programs; MS word, Excel, PowerPoint; proficient with CAD or SolidWorks
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to remain professional and courteous
- Basic mathematics and engineering
- Ability to read, write and proofread technical documents
- High school diploma or trade school experience
- Some local travel
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The company is committed to equal employment opportunity. The company will not discriminate employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis including, but not limited to: age, ancestry, childbirth or related medical condition; citizenship; color; creed familial status; gender expression; gender identity; genetic information; height; weight; marital status; national origin; physical or mental disability or handicap; pregnancy; race; religion; sex; sexual orientation; uniform service member status or veteran status; or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.