Role: Operations Manager
Reports to: CEO
Role Description The Operations Manager will be the administrative leader at our Somerville, Massachusetts facility at Greentown Labs (“GTL”). S/he will work with our technical and administrative teams at GTL and our plasma lab in King of Prussia, Pennsylvania.
Essential functions include: represent Onvector at relevant external meetings and functions; support billing, finances, payables and receivables; work closely with Onvector’s team members in both offices; liaise with GTL and vendors.
Other responsibilities include: build internal processes and systems to improve business efficiency and productivity; support technical operations to facilitate communication and productivity; support marketing team with external communications including digital marketing and social media activities; support hiring activities to fill open positions and on-boarding of new employees.
- Adept using Microsoft products (e.g., Windows, Office)
- Ability to assist team members, and fit well with team
- Ability to follow instructions and manuals
- Ability to travel
- Adhere to lab safety guidelines and promote a safe work environment
- Two years of college-level business courses, or working toward undergrad degree (post-grad acceptable)
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Occasional light lifting (20-25 lbs.), office environment
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
- Some travel is required
- Ability to work with office equipment
- Ability to work either with supervision or unsupervised
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
The company is committed to equal employment opportunity. The company will not discriminate employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis including, but not limited to: age, ancestry, childbirth or related medical condition; citizenship; color; creed familial status; gender expression; gender identity; genetic information; height; weight; marital status; national origin; physical or mental disability or handicap; pregnancy; race; religion; sex; sexual orientation; uniform service member status or veteran status; or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.